wedding ticker

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Friday 9 April 2010

A little spring cleaning....

It's been a long time.
It's a new year now and so much has happened.

I've met a wonderful chap who has been foolish enough to propose and I have accepted. I couldn't be happier right now and it occurs to me that I only ever keep my diary when I am feeling unhappy - so I should make an effort to record some of my life which isn't at my deepest, darkest moments!

There is a blog called Sunday Scribblings which provides a journal prompt every week to inspire. This weeks is "Mentor".

I have had several mentors so far. There is a saying which says "when the student is ready, the teacher appears". I find that somehow, the guidance that I need in various aspects of life, love and work always appears. Sometimes, I admit, I don't see it for looking, but then clarity arrives.

There was a lady who ran the spiritual development centre down the road. She taught me many things, but the most valuable teaching was the ability to simply be still. When you are still the world slows down. You can hear whatever the universe is trying to tell you and then, you become your own mentor. My life changed when I learnt how to meditate. Sometimes I forget that, but I always some back to it in the end. I know I go on about it to those who know me far too much, but if it brings the same happiness to one other person in the world, then my 'shout it from the rooftops' approach is justified.

The same lady also taught me to read Tarot cards. She said once that the cards would become like familiar friends. I thought she was a little crazy then - but now I completely understand what she meant.

I don't think I have ever been a mentor to someone else. That would be quite a frightening responsibility. I only feel half baked myself, with so much to work on. I guess that means I will forever be growing and learning as I go along. It's far more important for me to leave a mark on the hearts of my family and friends than it is to be remembered for being wise.

Fortunately.

5 comments:

  1. sometimes giving love is being a mentor too :)


    http://www.delenemartin.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. "When the student is ready, the teacher appears." I love that, and it's so true. I needed to be reminded, so in a way, you've been a mentor to me.

    Sounds like you're new to Sunday Scribblings. I hope you will continue to post with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i m all with you on this! this really is inspiring!

    Deadline - Decline

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very well written indeed -- engaging...
    ...rob
    Image & Verse

    ReplyDelete