wedding ticker

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Sunday 25 April 2010

Sunday scribblings - Dinner

Funny that this was the prompt for today. I have been spending that last couple of days researching the Dukan diet and plan to start it today.

The thing is, I've become far too content with the DearHusband2Be. He says he loves me just as I am (sigh, yes that bit from Bridget Jones, girls!) and with all of the romantic dinners out and dinners in and so on, have put on so much weight that I'm starting to get uncomfortable in my clothes!! (Well, as we live apart, I do have to confess that I just haven't really been planning my food or looking after my blood sugar as much - I've just been focussed on other things.)
The other day a letter dropped through my door, reminding me about my annual HBA1c blood tests and it was the kick up the bum that I needed. I know that starting to eat properly again isn't going to help my HbA1c levels now, but it'll be good to get back on track.

Normally I try to stick to a high protein, low carb diet which keeps my Blood Glucose (BG) in check but then Date dinners happened, then Easter happened and then general laziness kicked in! The Dukan diet doesn't actually appear to be too far away from how I normally eat (when I'm being good!) anyway, and lots of people seem to be doing really well with it and so I thought I'd give it a go.
The big difference is the 'attack' phase where you only eat pure protein for a few days to kick start the new eating plan. After that you can eat a mixture of pure protein and low carb veg, which suits me nicely.

So here goes. Attack phase. I'm going to do it for 7 days. My fears at this point are that I might get migraines (as I sometimes seem to if I haven't eaten enough carbs) and that I may struggle to drink the recommended 3 litres of water a day at work. I'll try.
The other concern is that I may get bad breath in this time. I know it seems like a silly thing to worry about, but I work with kids and I don't want to spend the week making them endure the bad breath!!
Anyhow. Here it is. I'm going to plan out my menu for the week and then go shopping later.
Right now, for today it's boiled eggs for breakfast, prawns for lunch and for then for dinner, I think I'll have chicken stuffed with non fat cream cheese.
I'm going to have to start tracking my BG carefully again, so I can adjust my meds and avoid hypos.

I've got until next August to ty to get into a reasonable dress size, so that I can start getting excited about looking gorgeous for the wedding. How much do I seriously want to lose here? Is it wrong to hope for a loss of 37 kg? I know it sounds a lot but that would take me into a healthy weight. (Yeah, I'm heavy now!) Well let's take it one kilo at a time. It will all add up in the end.
I am so going to do this!

3 comments:

  1. wow you are brave to take that strict of a diet on. I lost 40 pounds last year by watching what I ate and walking (I got up to five miles a day) but it was a long process. I have maintained and continue to walk but have gotten a little less strict with my diet. Wish you luck and success in time for your wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck with it! u can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your weight loss! Over a year's time, I lost 30 pounds, and that was a result of a malfunctioning gall-bladder (I had to cut the fat in my diet way down). And hiking regularly helps keep the weight off. :)

    ReplyDelete