wedding ticker

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Monday 26 April 2010

Dukan Attack Day 1

Hmmm. Well, it's been an interesting day! Today's food:
Breakfast 1 boiled egg
Lunch 3 slices ham with some philly light and babybel
Dinner Turkey breast stuff with garlic and philadelphia.

I haven't been hungry all day - until 6pm when I hadn't eaten for 5 hours, which is fair enough! I came home and shoved something in the oven. Had I not been hungry, I probably could have cooked something a little tastier for dinner. It was ok. I made two but only ate one as I was stuffed. I might eat it later if my BG fall too low.

Small emergency - can't find my BG monitor from the clever hiding place I put it in at the weekend. That is my mission for the evening. I had to use my horrible only-takes-blood-from -your-finger-and-it really-hurts-for-ages spare monitor at work. BG had been stable at just under 6 all day. Have felt great!

But on the plus side, my Tesco delivery just arrived, so tomorrow I am looking forward to Dukan bread with my boiled egg, chicken muffins for lunch and I don't know about dinner yet - going to find a recipe tonight.

So how does it feel? Well it's kind of hard to know how this relates to a non-diabetic but as my BG have been normal all day, I've been feeling great. Full of energy and not nearly as tired as I was before. In fact, I've got to go and find my BG meter as I might need to alter my meds tomorrow so that I don't end up hypo-ing when I'm at work. I am so impressed!
When I look at what I've eaten today, I'll be really surprised if I didn't lose weight this week as there can't be masses of calories there. I quite like the unlimited food aspect - I'd love to eat more but I'm just so full.

Only negative today: I'm really missing vegetables. I usually eat lots of them so I'm craving a whole plateful at the moment. I'm glad that I don't have to do this attack business for more than 6 days, I can't wait to get back to 'normal' on the PV/PP part.

Well one day down, 5 to go. I already feel far less bloated and my clothes feel normal, rather than the strain that was there before. Am I imagining that? We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment