wedding ticker

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Tuesday 27 April 2010

Dukan Attack Day 2

Blimey what a day!!

I decided to do something different for breakfast and had some sliced ham - I was rushed off my feet, so didn't get anything more than that, but it filled me up.

Lunch was a little unfortunate. I had planned to have the left-overs from last night's dinner. When I got into work I didn't take the tub out of my bag and put it into the fridge as I normally do. In fact, I only remembered that I had left it in my bag when I had worked through lunch and went to get it during my free period afterwards. But to be honest, I wasn't particularly hungry, so I wasn't too bothered. Besides, my BG was stable at around 7 all day, so I didn't worry too much.

Got home and decided to try one of those Dukan pancake thingies. I made it and it was surprisingly nice. I let it cool down, sliced it into ribbons and then stirred through some cooked chicken and non fat cheese. Yum! In fact it was so filling that I could only eat half of the meal. I can keep the rest for tomorrow's lunch.
The pancake was a bit like bread so it will make nice wraps for pretty much anything. I'm really looking forward to one with smoked salmon tomorrow for breakfast.
Recipe:
1 egg
1 tbsp wheat bran
2 tbsp oatbran
2 tbsp low fat fromage frais.

I think with some sweetener it could be made into a kind of sweet treat too! In fact, it would be great spread with dukan nutella - I'm sure I saw a recipe for that somewhere, will have to dig it out.

No figures for weight loss yet. I refuse to keep a set of scales as I know of the obsession that lies there. I plan to weigh myself at the gym on Sunday. But, like yesterday, much less bloated and feeling great. Also I keep ketostix in the bathroom from the last time I tried a serious low carb diet. (I didn't stick on it perfectly, but reduced carb has stuck for a while.) Anyhow, I was curious so I peed on the stick! It went light pink. It never went pink all the time that I was doing low carb before and the darker pink the better, as far as I'm concerned. I am so chuffed at that. It means that my body is starting to burn fat. As my BG is normal and stable, the dangers that are associated with this are limited, I'm told, so I'm pretty happy.

I had a headache yesterday evening, so I tried really hard to drink more water today. I think I've managed about 2 litres and am going to drink another couple of glasses this evening. Head is much better tonight.

I can't wait for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment