wedding ticker

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Sunday 23 May 2010

Sunday scribblings - Dragon

Take me away to a castle. Let the ruins be enough intact to let me see how the rooftops and towers would have reached up to the sky, fitting for any scaly monster to curl around and protect.

Let the beast protect the history that is steeped within those stones, the emotions which seeped into the bricks over hundreds of years, as the building stood witness to unfolding events in time, an ever constant back drop to life's drama.
Let me feel the coolness of the stones on my fingertips. Let every touch fill me with the memories held within. Let me re live the past in my mind.

Take me there. And when I'm filled with the ghost of every woman who was in that place before me, kiss me. Let me bathe in the romance of the ruins. When I am feeling more like a woman than ever before, be like the man you always wanted to be. Open yourself up to the spirits of rugged knights, chivalrous and honour-driven. Allow the romance of the situation to fill your every pore and let us meet there as God and Goddess, succumbing to the magic within.

I fantasise about that one precious moment with you. Lost in time. Where, as Lord and Lady, we give in to love in the same way that men and women have done for centuries.

Would you see the Dragon there too? Would you see the stones as empty rocks? Or would you allow that history to flow through your veins and love me like a Lady should be loved?

2 comments:

  1. Lovely thoughts and images.

    It makes me wonder, though, if there weren't more dragons than shining knights in those days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh there were definitely more dragons - they just may well have been on the mother-in-law variety than the scaly ones!

    ReplyDelete